I hope I can be clear about this, but my thoughts all day have been a bit muddled, so I apologize if I express myself poorly or come off as defensive or anything.
1. There are deeply problematic relationship dynamics glorified in Twilight.
2. Criticizing misogyny in art is good and important.
3. My concern is that popular work by women receives far more vitriolic criticism from the public (like, in terms of number of demeaning jokes made by Jay Leno*) than popular work created by men.
4. So I think we’re talking about two different kinds of criticism: The totally legitimate criticism we see in literary journals and feminist web sites about misogyny, and the demeaning and dismissive this-sucks-because-teen-girls-like-it-and-everyone-knows-that-teen-girls-are-not-fully-human criticism we see in popular culture.
5. Also, I would like to see equal attention given to the sexism in popular work by men, from Nicholas Sparks to for instance J. D. Salinger. Catcher in the Rye—although I like it very much—is profoundly and disturbingly misogynistic and yet seems to get a critical pass both online and off. This happens a lot, I think, with books by men, and I don’t want male writers (including me!) to get that pass.
6. I might be wrong about any/all of this. I’m wrong a lot, and always trying to learn.
*EDIT: Apparently Jay Leno has retired. You learn something new every day.
raise your hand if you’ve been personally victimized by masashi kishimoto
you know i would but
when a new naruto manga chapter comes out
This bird knows he looks amazing.
Frogmouths are indeed very handsome devils…
Until they open their mouth…
and you realize they are basically bird muppets.
… no comment…
For extra lulz check out these awesome birds’ awkward baby photos:
I WAS NOT EXPECTING THE HEAD TO BODY RATIO TO BE SO CLOSE TO JUST 1:1
trying to embarrass me is so unnecessary i do it to myself just fine
no, no, this is my favorite kristanna moment. Kristoff recognizes that this man not only betrayed Anna’s trust and love, but also tried to kill her best friend and sister Elsa. He had full intention to whup Hans’s sorry butt. But Anna also sees this and rushes forward, makes him stay back with a single touch. And he backs down, accepts it, because he knows her strength and respects her wishes.
best disney prince hands-down.
In other words:
(ʘ‿ʘ)ノ✿ Hold my flower.✿＼(｡-_-｡) Kick his ass, baby. I got yo flower.
“go 2 bed” i whsieperd
no” i whispred to myself in relpy
fall colors - black
winter colors - black
spring colors - black
summer colors - black
i said a swear once and next thing you know i was doing meth